VARSITY PROGRAM OVERVIEWWelcome to the Varsity Program at Gold Country Baptist Church. We serve high school students who will turn 14 years of age on or before December 1 of each year. The Varsity Program consists of the following components:
Current topic: Studying "Spiritual Disciplines with in the Church" by Donald Whitney
Sunday Nights2016-2017 program starts Sunday August 21, 2016 and ends May 21, 2017
We use the materials from Awana Youth Ministries - Journey for Bible study.
AWANA is an international, non–denominational, Bible-centered youth program for 3-year-olds through high school students. The acronym AWANA comes from the first letters of the phrase, “Approved workmen are not ashamed” (2 Timothy 2:15). Our goal is to reach boys and girls with the Gospel of Christ and train them to serve Him.
We study God’s Word, pray for one another, eat a great snack, fellowship together and have fun.
The Journey program includes a bible study each year:
NEW!! Online Registration requirement and online payment optionClick here to register online for the Journey Weekend - Bible Quizzing and Games competition. Online registration is also required for leaders and parents who want to receive a T-Shirt and lunch.
Payment of $25 can be made online with a credit/debit card or a bank draft payment. Gold Country Baptist Church uses EFT Corporation to process payment transactions.
JOURNEY WEEKEND SCHEDULE:
Friday Night, March 10th
Fine Arts Festival begins at 6:30pm Enter to sharpen your ministry skills or watch your friends participate!
Registration forms for the Fine Arts festival are here. Only register for Fine Arts! Scroll down the page & click on the Fine Arts Festival tab.
We will Register for Journey Weekend as a Team and you must also register individually through GCBC.
Saturday, March 11th
• Bible Quizzing Material Covered:
- All the memory verses and references from the “Gospel Wheel”, the Faith Foundation, Lessons 1.1 through 3.4 & the main verses from the Summaries.
- All the content from Lessons 1.1 through 3.4 of the Bible Study, meaning the Core Verse(s) & the introduction included with the passage, the Core Concepts section, including the Definition, and the Core Content (commentary in the book).
- The “Gospel Wheel” & “Clear and Confusing Invitations” material as listed on the web at http://www.
westcoasthonorcamp.org/ download/n cann/Journey%20Weekend/gospel- wheelinvitations-bible-quiz.
- The current Bible Summaries which can be found on the web at http://awanaym.org/journey/
• AwanaGames High school students must complete the Faith Foundation to compete.
PRACTICE SCHEDULE: Saturdays, February 4,11,25 & March 4
QUIZZING: Saturdays: 9:00 – 10:30am GAMES: Saturdays: 10:30-12:00pm
Blessings, Mr. & Mrs. Balmet
– Summer Program
(No Varsity on Father’s Day, June 19th, nor July 4th Wknd 7/3, nor Family Camp Wknd 7/17?).
Time: 6:00pm - 8:30pm
Gold Country Baptist Church
3800 N. Shingle Rd.
Shingle Springs, CA 95682
High School Pastor
Phone: (530) 350-0891